October 8, 2008

The Two of Us.. for Eternity

Title: สองเรา.. นิรันดร
Transliteration: Song Rao.. Nirundon
English Title: The Two of Us.. For Eternity
Country: Thailand
Network: ThaiTV3
Aired: October 12 - November 30, 2005
Episodes: 15


Main Cast:
Ken Theeradej Wongpuapan (ธีรเดช วงศ์พัวพันธ์) ... Ittsara
Aom Phiyada Akkraseranee (พิยดา อัครเศรณี) ... Fon
May Fuengarom (เมย์ เฟื่องอารมย์) ... Opau
Piya Vimuktayon (ปิยะ วิมุกตายน) ... Narong
Atsanai Thianthong (อัศนัย เทียนทอง) ... Mungon
Pawina Tansisurot (ปวีณา ตันฑ์ศรีสุโรจน์) ... Nitracha


Quick Synopsis:
Itt was the man that had it all -money, power, friends, and a beautiful fiance, Nit. Sadly, Nit lost her life in an accident caused by her maid of honor, Opau, after she confessed that she also loves Itt too. Fah, the driver of the other car, was blamed for everything because Opau used all her money and power to be rid of the blame herself. Itt leaves Thailand and returns a year later. Not ready to go back to his normal life, he hides his identity and works as a chef in a restaurant. His boss is a girl named Fon, Fah's sister and witness to the accident. What will happen between these two when their identities are revealed?


My thoughts:
Story line:
This is a very nice lakorn. The only part I did not like was the monk having a sort of supernatural ability. Having him do what he did seems a little too out there and irrelevant. I would have liked this more to stay as a sad romance drama rather than a sad fantasy drama. I understand how they made it fit into the situation but in my opinion that could have been done differently. Other than that, the lakorn has a very sad ending which I have to admit made me cry. The ending was a bit unexpected for me and it was not how I wanted it to end. However, it does fit with the idea of eternal love -which is shown beautifully in this lakorn.

Cast:
I like the cast in this drama. May is great at playing a psychopathic girl. I was very impressed by her. She looked scary at times. Now, the one thing I cannot get over is that I don't see much chemistry between Ken+Aom. I like them both but not as a couple. I just don't believe it as easily as Ken+Anne or Aom+Tik. Something about them together just doesn't fit. It could be that I just loved Ken+Anne in Oum Rak and Sawan Biang that I can't think of anyone else good enough to be Ken's on screen girlfriend.

Music:
The music was alright. I am not a big fan of the opening song since it sounds too old to me. I would have preferred listening to a more modern style ballad. I know the song is the title song and of course it is meant to go with it but it not my cup of tea.

Overall I would rate this drama with a 3/5.


Available Online:
-Veoh


Related Titles:
N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment